so remember for mothers day i said we had a family dessert party? yeah well we just had family bring a dessert to share and i made caramel apple pie on a stick.
these are to die for. seriously.
one of my good friend and neighbors made these one day and brought them over for us one day and they were so good!
i couldnt get them off my mind so i decided to make thes for our party.
i thought i could figure out how to make them myself but i fount this website for them just to make sure.
ours didn't turn out as pretty but they sure tasted good.
Apple Pie Caramel ApplesIngredients:
1 bag Kraft caramels 4-5 large, tart apples (You can use red apples too but I like the contrast of the tart apple with the caramel)
1 bag white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts
1. Wash, scrub, and dry apples. This is important or your caramel won't stick because of the coating stores put on apples. 2. In a medium saucepan, melt caramel according to package directions.
3. Put popsicle stick in the apple. Dip in melted caramel making sure to fully coat it.
4. Place on parchment or wax paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Cool in the fridge until caramel is set up. If you want a thick caramel layer, add another layer of caramel here and let it set up again.
6. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You can add a little shortening if the mixture is too thick.
7. Coat the apple with the chocolate.
8. Let it set up a little bit before sprinkling it with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Cool completely in the fridge.
10. Cut into slices and serve.
They can be made up to one day ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator.
one problem we had with ours is that i thought i had this brilliant idea of cutting these apple up and dipping them individually so they were all cut up and cute. this idea could have worked, but i dont know if there is a different way then what i did.
i cut up the apples and then dipped them in pineapple juice (so they dont turn brown) but i dont know if i let them dry enough or if it was because of the juice, ...but nothing would stick to them!
so we had to do them again and we followed these instructions and they turned out good :)
i had such a great mothers day, and it was so fun because it was my first one as a mamma!
it was so fun to be able to share that special day with my little family and then for dinner we went to see bradys family, and for dessert we went to see my side of the family (more on the dessert part in another post). i love my mother so much, i have no idea what i would do without her! she is always helping me with my crazy ideas and she has taught me so much about being a great mother to my little boy. i have learned everything from her especially how to love your children.
i made her this cute little box from my new cameo and it had a fun gift card and goodies inside :)
and then for all my sisters i made them these cute little boxes full of fun goodies inside too.
and for Connie i made this fun little paper box and plant pick to put some floweres inside.
it was so fun to make stuff for the ones i love :)
and this blog
one of the things that makes this so cool is unlike the cricut where you have to buy really exspensive cartridges that have a lot of stuff you wont use, you can buy stuff for the silhouette indiviually for $1.00 from this site!
you can also make your own designs for it too.
and of course my amazing husband bought me a bunch of extra fun goodies to go with it :)
i had to personalize my machine a little too!
and here is my first project.. a birthday present for my mother in law.
i took an old cuboard door that i bought at the Restore place for a couple bucks, painted it, designed a saying i liked, and cut out some vinyl for it.